Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Restarting

se7en, what's in the box
What's in the box?
So this here used to be the home of my old comics blog, Not Just Otaku. I hadn't posted anything here since 2012, but on a whim checked on it and noticed it was still being viewed by people doing various searches. So I started reading some of the old stuff, and was surprised to see I had gotten fairly ok at writing about comics and other related things before I decided to try merging it all into Tumblr. Anyway, a while back I relaunched the music blog because Tumblr was a waste of time but I keep finding I want to write about other things that don't fit in over at Sound Affects. So I'm relaunching this here thing, but I'm renaming it. I changed the URL and everything, which I'm sure I did wrong and lost like one potential person that may have been watching the old URL, but whatever.

Strange Orphan Boxes is the new name. These are the boxes in which I will put my thoughts on TV, movies, books or whatever doesn't fit into my music blog. I honestly don't have much of a plan for this beyond that. Let's just see what happens. You'll see all my old comics reviews and stuff are still here, because why not. Soon, I'll have a good first post back type thing. So keep an eye out. In the meantime, some quick notes.

avengers age of ultron poster

If you go back just a couple of posts, you'll see the last official post on here was a review of the first Avengers movie, so it's interesting that Age of Ultron will be out in a few days. We'll see how I feel about it.

I'm on episode 10 of Netflix's Daredevil and it's great.I have to say my only complaint is the guy playing Foggy Nelson. He just sticks out like a sore thumb that can't act.

Don and Peggy
Probably the best scene of the season.
Mad Men is wrapping up and it looks like it is going to end on a high note so far. I have a feeling most people won't like the ending, but I think they may be missing the point of the show. I'll likely go into detail on this one at some point.

The Americans
Sexy spy shit that is ultimately not that sexy.

The Americans. You should be watching this show. That is all.

Finally caught up on last season of Louie, and it might be the greatest thing ever. I find myself getting choked up constantly watching this show, instead of laughing but that's exactly why it's so great. On top of everything else, Louie is also an amazing actor. This is the most real show ever made.

I haven't read a comic in almost a year, now. Maybe longer. I just don't have the time or energy to read anymore. If I get a few minutes, I wind up drifting off to sleep mid sentence. I had been reading the Game of Thrones books, but I think I'm ready to admit to myself that I've given up on that. I was halfway through the second book, but that was more than 6 months ago. The show is better anyway (come get me book loyalists!)








No comments:

Post a Comment